The competition for 2014/15 is now open and the closing date is 24 January 2014.
EligibilityTo qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- meet the university’s language requirement (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS);
- be aged between 21-28 years;
- be an indigene of rivers, Delta or Bayelsa States (documentary proof of this will be required);
- currently reside in Nigeria;
- intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study;
- have obtained a university degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree);
- be neither a current nor former employee (having left employment within the last five years) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or Karamat Ltd., or be related to current employees of any of these companies;
- not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered for the scholarship, candidates must apply to study on one of the three eligible programmes through the standard Imperial College admission procedure by 24 January 2014.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted by the department and advised to complete a scholarship application form.
What the Scholarship includesThe scholarship will cover:
a) Tuition fees
b) One return flight from Nigeria to the UK
c) Contribution towards living expenses only*
*Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities Annual Rates and are limited to this.
Which courses qualify for a scholarshipa) MSc Petroleum Engineering
b) MSc Petroleum Geoscience
c) MSc Petroleum Geophysics
ContactIf you have any questions about the scholarship programme, please contact email@example.com
Information from Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme
For information on the Imperial Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme , please refer to the Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme website