We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Positions: Road Design Engineer
- The Road Design Engineer will provide the Project with quality engineering design services and advice for rehabilitation, renovation and construction of assigned projects. Also perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, bridges, and water and sewage systems.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess the potential impact of projects
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, or program modifications and structural repairs to industrial and managerial personnel.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
- Promoting and improving professional standards for road engineering design;
- Undertaking design duties as assigned by the Head of Construction,
- Advising the Project Manager on project design in all projects.
- Providing design and drafting services for roads design team for the preliminary and detail design phases of a project;
- Preparing drawings in accordance with our client and the Host Government and internationally recognized standard formats;
- Preparing design drawings using AutoCAD or similar type software;
- Reviewing design and drafting works completed by colleagues or other parties for compliance with original design intent, recognized best practice;
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Relevant experience in developing Estates for the purpose of infrastructure development;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Proven ability to deliver design tasks on time;
- Ability to mentor other staff in road design engineering and AutoCAD.
- B.Sc/MA degree in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in civil or road engineering;
- Profound knowledge of AASHTO Road Design;
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD or other computer based design packages;
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to:email@example.com using the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail before 15th November, 2013