Our client is a fast growing indigenous Exploratory and Production company with the far reaching vision to be the energy company of reference. Our client is sure footed in its growth and now requires an exceptional individual to lead its newly created Strategic Human Resources & Organizational Development function. It seeks to make the organization a great place to work and also invest in building the skills of its staff, in ways that are meaningful and cost effective to both the staff and the organization. The right candidate yvill deliver on the company’s priorities and ensure that staff feel well supported, engaged and resilient to face the unfolding challenges.
HEAD-HUMAN RESOURCES & ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This position reports directly to the Managing DirectoriCEO and has the following responsibilities:
• Develop and fashion out appropriate Human Resources policies for
the company- a blueprint of how to motivate, reward and support staff.
amongst others. in line with the company’s vision, mission and core
• Ensure seamless implementation of the HR policies, systems and
psocedures and the workforce ‘buy-in’ or ‘ownership’. This includes
ensuring effective maintenance of staff data. welfare, reward systems,
industrial and labour relations.
• Strategically build and develop a learning organization anchored on an appropriate organizational climate. prudence
and value for money.
• Promote strong employee engagement agenda.
• Instill a systematic and holistic performance management system
that is merit-driven and has in-built mechanism for staff development
and growth and also for exit, where necessary.
• Manage organizational development strategies and processes and
assess organizational development needs of operating, business and
• Lead the design, development and implementation of programmes,
policies and strategies tailored to meet organizational development
needs and programme goals in areas such as organizational strategy.
structure, systems, shared values, staffing, skills etc. Employ
appropriate coaching and mentorship schemes.
• Manage change effectively and help others to understand the stages
and strategies that lead to effective organizational change.
• Minimum of a Masters degree in the Social Sciences, Management Science or allied areas. Possession of a degree in
Psychology, Human Resources Management or an MBA is considered advantageous.
• Minimum of 10 years post-graduation cognate experience in areas that traverse human resources management.
strategic management, learning & development and organizational
development. This will include not less than 3 years in managerial role.
Specialist experience in specific areas such as job evaluation,
compensation structuring, organizational behavior etc are desirable.
Experience in a HR Consulting environment in a multinational firm is an
• The right candidate must not only be articulate and high in critical thinking but must also be a ‘hands-on’ problem-
solver. He/She must be a thorough bred professional, fair and firm,
whose ethical standing, is not in doubt. The candidate must have
excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrate high
interpersonal relationship skills and have the capacity to gain the
confidence of the various stakeholders. The candidate must also be
commercial and results-oriented in seeing the meeting point between the
HR practices, organizational behavior, bottom line and sustainability
This position attracts excellent compensation commensurate with industry
standards. If you are interested and meet the requirements, please send
your application together with your comprehensive curriculum vitae and
evidence of your current annual remuneration package to:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or by courier within two weeks to:
Leading Edge Consulting
202 Awolowo Road-3′d Floor
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE TREATED IN STRICT CONFIDENCE BUT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
DUE DATE: 10 December, 2013