- The CMAM (Community Management of Acute Malnutrition) program coverage officer will work closely with and support the CMAM coverage program manager (PM) in planning, designing, conducting, analyzing and reporting on SLEAC (Simplified Lot Quality Assurance Sampling Evaluation of Access and Coverage), SQUEAC (Semi Quantitative Evaluation of Access and Coverage), assessments. The nature of the implementation involves collection of relevant data while compiling draft report in the process.
- The CMAM program officer will work closely with the deputy program manager (DPM) to backstop the PM in all the ongoing and continuously planned assessments within the project period.
- The CMAM program coverage officer is directly managed by the DPM and in a coordinated effort also, liaises with the Head of Bases (HoBs), State Technical Advisor (STA), LGA officers, and Logistics & administration (Log & Admin) from time to time. The procedures set by the organization in terms of running daily activities, security and technical aspects of surveys must be followed by the CMAM program coverage officer at times in execution of his/her duties in the specific state /area.
- Basic degree or diploma in a field related to statistics, monitoring and evaluation, health, nutrition, epidemiology or any other related discipline.
- Analytical thinking.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Ability to train others.
- Have knowledge of CMAM in Northern Nigerian context.
- Experience with international NGOs.
- Self initiative.
- Be effective Planner and organized in tasks implementation.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills essential.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- High level of English written and oral communication essential.
- Ability to speak Hausa.
- Demonstrable experience working in the implementation and management of Community-based Management of Acute Malnutrition.
- Prior experience in health and nutrition assessments in Northern Nigeria.
Method of Application
All qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV to:
email@example.com using the position title as the email subject before 15th November, 2013.