The Schlumberger Foundation Scholarship for Women from Developing Countries for 2014/2015 ssession is now open for Application. The scholarship is aimed at academically excellent women who wish to teach in their home countries on completion of their PhD programmes.
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a woman;
- Be a citizen of a developing country;
- Wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related disciplines;
- Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university abroad;
- Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
- Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
- Hold an excellent academic record.
Worth of Schlumberger Scholarship for Women
Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual expenses to be incurred by the student only. They typically include tuition and university fees, an estimation of accommodation costs and a living allowance (food, books and supplies, medical/insurance coverage, child care, transport costs) in addition to a budget for travel, visa and conference expenses. Grants can be up to USD 50,000 per year for PhD courses and a maximum of USD 40,000 for Post-Doc programs.
Click here for scholarship brochure
November 15th 2013
Click here to apply