The three major areas of study covered by the Eiffel program are:
- Engineering sciences at Master level, sciences in a broader sense for PhD leve l(engineering sciences, exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano and bio-technology, earth and environmental sciences, information and communication sciences and technology),
- Economics and management,
- Law and political science
Level of Study:
- Courses awarding a Master degree,
- Courses awarding a Ph.D. through a thesis joint supervision or co-tutorship with a foreign higher education institution partner.( maximum duration of 10 months)
Eiffel scholarship-holders receive a monthly allowance of 1,181€ (1,031€ of maintenance
allowance and 150€ of monthly compensation), in addition to which are covered directly
- An international return travel
- Health insurance
- Cultural activities
- They can also benefit from an additional accommodation allowance under certain conditions
Nationality: This program is for candidates of foreign nationality. Binational
candidates, one of which nationality is French, are not eligible.
- Age: for programs leading to a master's degree level, applicants must be at most 30 years old at the date of the selection committee, that is to say, born after 07/03/1983; for PhD applicants, candidates must be aged at most 35 years old on the date of the selection committee, that is to say, born after 03.07.1978.
- Origin of applications: Only applications sent by the French institutions are admissible. The latter undertake to enroll laureates in the training for which they were selected. Applications sent by other means are not receivable. In addition, a candidate nominated by more than one institution will see his application rejected.
- The training involved: Eligible candidates are likely to incorporate a training course of master level attested by a diploma, including engineering school, and PhD candidates. The French trainings relocated abroad are not affected, fellows, non doctoral, having to perform at least 75% of their studies in France.
- Concurrent scholarships: Foreign students already receiving a scholarship from the French government for another program at the time of filing the application are not eligible, even if it is a scholarship that supports social coverage.
- Eiffel doctoral Scholarship: an applicant who has already received an Eiffel scholarship under his PhD may not represent his candidacy again.
- Eiffel master Scholarship: a candidate whose folder was not selected may not represent its application in the following years, even if they change their field ofstudy.
- Language level: institutions that screen non-francophone candidates must ensure that their language level is in line with the level required by the training course.