The Technology Support Services (TSS) Sales Specialist will be responsible for creating a sales pipeline and closing of deals for TSS Annuity Contracts, Attach CarePack Services and Lifecycle Events Services within key verticals in Nigeria.
• Seek out new opportunities and expands and enhances existing opportunities to build and manage the pipeline in specialty area (support services).
• Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position HP's services better.
• Develop pursuit plans and manage the pipeline to ensure alignment with account managers.
• Establish a professional, working, and consultative, relationship with the client, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
• Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
• Work closely with and support account manager, providing technical expertise and support, and participating in client engagements up to C-level engagements for more complex solutions in smaller accounts.
• Will focus on growing contractual renewals for mid size accounts with some complexity, to higher-total contract-value renewals.
• Interface with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs and facilitate solutions development.• Build sales readiness and reduce client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in area of specialization
- Scope and Impact
- May invest time working external partners.
- Significant percentage of time spent directly with customer; interfaces with all levels, including highest within customer organization.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated success in achieving progressively higher quota.
- Extensive vertical industry knowledge required.
- Typically 6-8 years advanced sales experience required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how HP's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities
- Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
- Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position HP as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
- Excellent project management skills.
- Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts - prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
- Understands how to leverage HP's portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
- Utilizes Siebel as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Understands selling of services sales.
- Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
- Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels - new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO's, typical objectives, measures, metrics.