The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SHELL/TEPN/AGIP Joint Venture) Scholarship Scheme offers first year students in all Nigerian universities the opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the full duration of their course. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills-base among young Nigerians.
This scholarship is open to Nigerian students who
- Are enrolled in an accredited Nigerian University
-Must have gained admission during the 2012/2013 session
There are two types National Merit and Areas of Operations
National Merit Award (NM)
Open to Nigerians who are not indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas (in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States).
Areas of Operation Merit Award, East (OE)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Rivers and Bayelsa states (excluding indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama local government areas).
Areas of Operation Merit Award, West (OW)
For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Bayelsa (i.e indigenes of Ekeremor and Sagbama Local Government areas) and Delta States
Before applying candidates should ensure that they have the following
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, that is not more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
Candidates applying under areas of operation should also have
A letter of Identification from the traditional ruler
Interested applicants should Click here to apply