Scholarship Name: Bilateral Educational Agreement (Bea) Scholarship Awards
The Federal Scholarship Board by the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria is offering the 2014/2015 Bilateral Educational Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for Undergraduate, Masters and PhD students to study Overseas
Accepted Subject Areas?
a. Undergraduate level – Medicine, Paramedical, Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics,Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, etc
b. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields
About the Federal Scholarship
The Honourable Minister of Education, Chief (Barr.) Ezenwo Nyesom Wike, is hereby inviting interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2014/2015 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
- Undergraduate(UG) studies tenable in Russia, Cuba, Morocco, Algeria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Egypt, Japan, Serbia, Macedonia
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia, China, Turkey, Japan, Serbia, Mexico, e.t.c
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Candidate must posses at least A or B grades in five relevant subjects including English and Mathematics at one sitting.
- Qualifying Certificate – (WASC or NECO) only.
- Candidate must be between 17-23 years old at the time of taking up the award.
- Certificate must not be more than 3 years old at time of application.
- Possess university degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division
- Should not be more than 35 years of Age at the time of taking up the award
- Possess a certificate obtained not more than 5 year at date of application
- Possess NYSC/Exemption certificate (where applicable)
- Should have not less than two (2) years post qualification experience
- Should provide willingness of employer to release applicant (where applicable)
How Many Federal Scholarships are available? Several
What are the benefits?
The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of the following;
- $500 monthly for supplementation
- $250 yearly for warm clothing
- $200 yearly for Health Insurance
- $500 yearly for medical scholars only
- $1000 for PG research grant yearly were applicable
- N100,000 – Take off for PG scholars were applicable
- N60,000 – Take off for UG scholars were applicable
How long will sponsorship last? The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
Application Deadline: The 2014/2015 BEA Interview Date is From March 24th To 28th March 2014 – apply before this date
Interview dates and venue
|ZONE/ VENUE||MONDAY MARCH 24TH||TUESDAY MARCH 25TH||WEDNESDAY MARCH 26TH||THURSDAY MARCH 27TH||FRIDAY MARCH 28TH|
|1.||NORTH – WEST FGC|
|KANO & KADUNA STATES||KEBBI & JIGAWA STATES||ZAMFARA & KATSINA STATES||SOKOTO STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
|2.||NORTH- EAST GOVT. SCI. SEC. SCH. GOMBE||BORNO & YOBE STATES||ADAMAWA & TARABA STATES||BAUCHI STATE||GOMBE|
|COLLATION OF RESULT|
|3.||NORTH-CENTRAL FGC MINNA||BENUE & KOGI STATE,||PLATEAU & FCT STATES||KWARA AND NASARAWA STATES||NIGER STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
OSOGBO HIGH SCHOOL II,
|LAGOS & ONDO STATES||OYO & EKITI STATES||OGUN STATE||OSUN STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
|5.||SOUTH- SOUTH FGGC, BENIN||DELTA STATE||CROSS- RIVERS & BAYELSA STATES||AKWA-IBOM & RIVERS STATES||EDO STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
|6.||SOUTH- EAST FGGC UMUAHIA||ENUGU & EBONYI STATES||IMO STATE||ANAMBRA STATE||ABIA STATE||COLLATION OF RESULT|
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
To apply for the federal government scholarship, all qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Scholarship Board’s website: www.fsb.gov.ng
- Click on Application Center
- Click on BEA Form
- Select BEA Award Application
- Read Requirements & Instructions, and continue
- Print completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip and bring two (2) copies to interview venue.
The federal Government of Nigeria through the Federal Ministry Of Education, through the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB), Plot 245 Samuel Ademulegun Street Central Business District, Abuja